Today, some students presented their literature circle assignment and we had a great discussion. I learned a bit more about The Sorrow of War 's story . In the discussion, a question was asked along the lines of "How do you deal with past negative experiences?", and I shared that I come to God to get over past experiences, and I read to the class Philippians 3:13b-14: Forgetting the things which are behind and stretching forward to the things which are before, I pursue toward the goal for the prize to which God in Christ Jesus has called me upward. I shared again later but from a different prompt, about how vaping and smoking was negatively affecting me but I had been in denial of it for a while. I didn't bring up anything about the Lord when speaking of this, but my sharing brought Jose, someone sitting next to me, to tell me he liked it, so I told him about how it was all God's work. I then shared the gospel with him and I'm glad he seemed very interested....
Today we had a time to work on our Jamboards. I saw on canvas last night that the due date was 11:59 PM so I made sure to get it done then. It's nice to have a free class period to work on other things and to get my blog post done early. I am enjoying this day a lot already. My brother (in Christ) Hayden and I had "morning revival" together, which is basically the same thing as morning devotional. We didn't read through anything from the ministry or even a verse from the Bible, but the point of morning revival is to establish a 'Christ' beginning to your day by coming to the Lord Jesus in prayer and simply absorbing Him, which doesn't have to include the ministry or even the word. You can just take in Christ Himself! (of course, we need the word, and the ministry can unveil the word, but Christ is nonetheless the living Word who we can come to.) Hayden and I did morning revival together on the way up to school- praying the entire time we were walking from...
Today we looked at two poems about a baby being born. One was about the beautiful aspects and the other was about the painful aspects, but they weren't bound to this principle; they both had elements of the other in it. This class was interesting. It took me a while to get even half of the tedious analysis questions done, and I just now realized that I deleted the tab and lost all of my progress... I was trippin for a second but then I remembered to prraise the Lord! I love overcoming frustration by abiding in the comfort of the Lord Jesus. I can get that assignment done later. Romans 8:37 "But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us." (and loves us currently.) O Lord Jesus, I love You back.
Comments
Post a Comment